Periyar Maniammai University is proud to be a unique institution of higher learning and academic excellence. In an endeavour to fulfil the dreams of our Mentor Thanthai Periyar and Annai Maniammaiyar, the University is dedicated to its societal responsibility for transforming students from different parts of India and abroad into stalwarts by igniting their hidden talents. As it is located in a rural area, the students are admitted from a wide range of calibre and by personal attention, and modern teaching methodology towards a Product / Process / Demo / Case Study teaching, they are shaped into career oriented professionals with bright future.
The University is making efforts to create new horizons in the arena of technical education and research. Curriculum innovation is given priority by the University to make the courses industry and research oriented. The dedicated and qualified faculty members routinely preach and practice for outcome based learning which leads towards an excellent academic career for the betterment of the students
To be a University of global dynamism with excellence in knowledge and innovation ensuring social responsibility for creating an egalitarian society.
• UM1: Offering well balanced programmes with scholarly faculty and state-of-art facilities to impart high level of knowledge.
• UM2: Providing student - centered education and foster their growth in critical thinking, creativity, entrepreneurship, problem solving and collaborative work.
• UM3: Involving progressive and meaningful research with concern for sustainable development.
• UM4: Enabling the students to acquire the skills for global competencies.
• UM5: Inculcating Universal values, Self respect, Gender equality, Dignity and Ethics.
• Student – centric vocation
• Academic excellence
• Social Justice, gender justice, equity, and equality
• Skills and use of technology for global competency
• Continual improvement
• Leadership qualities
• Societal needs towards sustainability
• Learning, a life – long process
• Team work
• Entrepreneurship for all
• Rural development
• Basic, Societal, and applied research on Energy, Environment, and Empowerment
THINK, INNOVATE, TRANSFORM
The emblem of the University in the form of a circular disc carrying the name of the University in its peripheral has the picture of Thanthai Periyar and Annai Maniammaiyar with the background of a burning torch representing the reforms proposed by them for eradicating superstitions and social evils and also informing the world that they are the torch bearers of social causes in this part of the world. The words Think, Innovate and Transform inscribed at the pedestal of the emblem stand for the watch words that guided the life of Thanthai Periyar and they are the golden rules governing the curricular and extracurricular activities of the University.