Department of Biotechnology
Microbiology and Cell Biology
- Perform experiments to isolate microorganism from different sources, culture development and maintenance, characterization and production of biomass.
- Perform experiments to understand functions of cellular organelles.
- Able to do experiments related to quantitative and qualitative analysis of various types of biomolecules like Carbohydrates, proteins, enzymes, amino acids etc.
Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering
- In this laboratory, introducing the concepts and practices using some basic tools of molecular biology to gain an understanding of some of the principles and techniques of genetic engineering.
- Perform experiments on enzyme kinetics, media optimization and production of various primary and secondary metabolites.
- Perform experiments in batch culture, fed batch and continuous culture techniques.
- This Lab is to give the experience with addressing immunological questions through experimentation.
- To become proficient with the use of the major investigation tools of immunology.
- Perform experiments on separation, characterization and purification of biomolecules such as proteins, enzymes, amino acids etc
Instrumentation and analysis lab
- Perform experiments to understand different types of analytical techniques and instruments used to characterize biological molecules.
- Perform experiments to understand basic chemical engineering unit operations used for bioprocessing and downstream processing of biomolecules.