Department of Chemical Engineering
Technical Analysis lab
- Students perform experiments to analyze the chemical products (such as cement, sugar, alcohol etc.,) quality through different analytical techniques.
Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Students perform experiments to understand the flow characteristics in pipes, techniques related to pipe flow rate measurements and pressure measurement in pipes.
Heat Transfer Lab
- Students perform experiments to understand heat flow in solid, liquids and gases;
Conduct experiments to understand the working principle of different types of heat exchange equipments.
Mass Transfer Lab
- Students conduct experiments to understand fundamental principle of mass transfer operations like distillation, extraction, leaching, absorption, drying and crystallization.
Chemical Reaction Engineering Lab
- In this lab, students conduct experiments to understand the chemical reaction kinetics and working principle of different types of chemical reactors.
Petroleum Product testing lab
- In this lab, students are exposed to analyze the quality of different types of petroleum products such as petrol, diesel, kerosene, lube oil, grease etc and its characteristics.
Chemical Process Equipment Design Lab
- Student learns about the different design methods used to design process equipments like heat exchangers, pressure vessels, reactors, distillation columns etc
Process control and simulation lab
- Students conduct experiments to understand the techniques involved in process condition monitoring by measuring process parameters like temperature, pressure, level etc
Instrumental method of analysis
- Students learn the operating principle of different types of instruments like Gas chromatography, High performance liquid chromatography, UV-Vis spectrophotometers, atomic force microscopy, etc used for the analytical and characterization purpose of various chemicals.
Biochemical Engineering Lab
- Students conduct experiments to understand working of bioreactors and to produce chemicals through biological route.