Department of Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry established in the year 1988 has been providing inputs both in theoretical and hands-on practical training of chemical reactions to the undergraduate technocrats.
The academic staff of the department includes two professors, one assistant professor selection grade, six assistant professors and one lab assistant. The faculty members are highly qualified, well experienced, dedicated and competent. Some of the faulty members have got rich postdoctoral experience abroad in countries like, Taiwan, Chile and Australia. They are engaged in various research fields such as crystallography, heterogeneous catalysis, photo catalysis, nanomaterials and corrosion. The faculty members and research scholars have published many research articles in the peer reviewed National and International journals apart from contribution in National and International conferences, Seminars and Workshops.
- M.Phil (Full Time)
- Ph.D(Full Time & PartTime)
- Inventive thinking through Mini Projects
- Conducting Special Lecturers on Current Scientific activities to First Year Students
- Providing a connective link between Theory and Practical through innovative experiments
- X - RAY CRYSTALLOGRAPHY
- HETEROGENOUS CATALYSIS
- CORROSION CONTROL STUDIES
- CHEMICAL KINETICS
- BIOMETHANATION REACTION
- PHARMACEUTCAL CHEMISTRY
- Providing scientific and research interaction with faculty and students from other departments.
- Actively participating in Solid Waste Management in the PMU campus and towards carbon neutral.
- Involves in the study on chemical reactions of the Biomethanisation process in collaboration of other Engineering Departments.