Centre for Rural Development (CRD)
The Centre for Rural Development plays a significant role in promoting socio economic standards by sustainable development in rural areas through Academic, Outreach and Research.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) - 5 year integrated course for +2 Passed
- Master of Social Work (MSW) - 2 year course for UG passed graduate in any discipline
- M.Phil. Social Work (Full Time) - 1 Year
- Ph.D. (Full Time and Part Time)
- The unique distinction of CRD is to empower the rural people and enhance their livelihood
- Providing Urban Amenities in Rural Areas (Periyar PURA – a National Model) has been developed and engaging itself for more than 20 years, with the support of 10,000 students and 1000 staff of Periyar Institutions, Panchayat Presidents & Members, Stakeholders, State and Central Govt. Departments and Benevolent supporters at Global Level.
- Periyar PURA provides Physical, Knowledge, Electronic and Economic connectivity to 67 villages with the population of 1,19,000, adopted in Thanjavur, Pudukkottai and Trichirappalli Districts
- CHILDLINE 1098 - Department of Social work, CRD - PMU has been recognized as Nodal Organization for Child Care and Protection covering the Thanjavur District since 2011, funded by Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme of ACC Limited, Mumbai in collaboration with Centre for Climate Change, Clean Thanjavur Movement and CRD has undertaken an Action based research project on Solid Waste Management involving 1000 households at Vallam Town Panchayat.
- The research potentials are directed towards increasing employment generation, technology transfer, innovative practices for agriculture, village and women & child development.
- Students are exposed to Hands-on Field based Skill trainings in Industry / Health Care Centres / Rural & Urban Community and NGOs.
- Residential Camps and six months on-site placement internship training.
- Students are placed in Government projects, Non-Governmental Organisations, Industries, Business concerns, Hospitals and Service sectors.