Department of English
The Department of English established in 1988 has a well qualified, experienced, competent and committed faculty who are presently involved in teaching an innovative English language curriculum specially designed for students in various branches of Engineering and Management courses offered by the university.
Further the Department has been taking active part in developing career opportunities and communication skills of the third and the fourth year students of Engineering Classes in the University.
Organizing bridge / remedial Courses for weak students is yet another responsibility of the Department of English. The members of the faculty are ably guided by Internal and External Resource Personnel.
- Development of career opportunities and Communication Skills - Written and Spoken.
- Bridge, Remedial Course, regular tests and special attention to weaker students.
- External Experts visit and interaction from English and Foreign Languages University – Hyderabad, Central Institute of Indian Languages - Bangalore.
- Language lab with e- content, audio, video CDs, speech practice and Multi Media.
- The Business English Certificate Course in collaboration with the British Council, Chennai and the Cambridge University. London.
- Ph.D. Full / Part Time on a variety of subjects: ELT, Testing, American and Indo Anglian British Literature and Linguistics.
- Out of 12 scholars, two submitted their Theses. Others are actively pursuing.