Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
To become a leader in providing education and training in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to the aspiring graduates to be competent in their profession.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEOS)
- PEO1:Able to use the knowledge of power engineering in dynamic and challenging environment for the research.
- PEO2:Able to identify and apply scientific theories, ideas, methodologies and the new cutting edge Technologies in renewable energy engineering.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, to the solution of complex problems in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex Electrical and Electronics Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex Electrical and Electronics Engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions, related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex Electrical and Electronics Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO1:Able to utilize the knowledge of power engineering in dynamic and challenging environment for the research
- PSO2:Can explore the scientific theories, ideas, methodologies and the new cutting edge Technologies in renewable energy engineering
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year of 2002 and is one of the pillars of the University. The department is accredited by NBA. It aims to develop students for the professional practice of Electrical and Electronics Engineering by offering different programmes that encourages lifelong learning, teamwork and leadership, and promote creative discovery to contribute meaningfully to the development of India. The Department is practicing the state-of-art fields like Energy conservation and auditing Energy efficient systems and Renewable energy systems.
In addition to this regular under graduate course, Department Endeavour to conduct various extension services like job-oriented seminar programmes and training programmes for Faculty members and Students. The Faculty and students participate in National and International conferences and publish papers every year in reputed journals and conferences. In order to improve the quality of man power, periodic training programmes are being conducted by inviting eminent personalities from Industry and Academic Institutions and sponsoring the Faculty for various Faculty Development Programmes. The students are encouraged to conduct the National level Technical Symposium in order to enrich their knowledge with the latest advancements.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering teaches technologies that have special significance and relevance for the 21st century. Electrical and Electronic instrumentation for measurements; environmental monitoring of pollution; land use and global warming; automatic control systems for industry and transportation, data communications for people, corporations, and governments are all examples of how we support broad areas of inquiry and contributions to human knowledge and welfare.
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering offers Under-Graduate degree programme in Electrical and Electronics Engineering under full time as well as in part time modes. The academic programme is a balanced mix of the underlying fundamental sciences and engineering principles and practice, as well as hands-on laboratory experiences, a team-based undergraduate design project, and ample opportunities for student involvement in one of its many laboratories.
Undergraduates are encouraged to get involved with research and development efforts in faculty labs, work-study, or student employment. The system provides a sound foundation to help the students to successfully ride the changing waves in technology and innovation in the present world.
Master of Technology in Power Electronics and Drives:
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is offering Post-Graduate degree programme in Power Electronics and Drives under full time as well as in part time modes. The programme offers studies and research in Power Electronics, Drives Control, and Applications of Power Electronics in Power systems, Emerging trends in Solid State drives and Power systems.
The combination of high-quality curriculum, research, faculty and facilities enables the department to provide excellent preparation for those who wish to embark on careers in Electrical Engineering.
- B.Tech. (Full time and Part time)
- M.Tech. Power Electronics & Drives (Full time and Part time)
- Ph.D. (Full time and Part time)